Search This Blog
Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media ┃Taylor's University
Featured
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Digital Photography and Imaging - Project 1: Final Compilation & Reflection
Week 1 - Week 6 (23.09.2024 - 03.11.2024)
Samantha Kristalyn / 0373905
Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative
Media / Taylor's University
Digital Photography and Imaging - Project 1: Final Compilation & Reflection
Reflecting on Project 1, I realize how much this project has shaped my creative and technical growth. It was an exciting experience that not only helped me sharpen my skills but also deepened my understanding of the fundamentals of design. One of the biggest lessons I took away was the importance of composition. Learning how to arrange elements properly made a huge difference in the visual impact of my work. I learned that it wasn't just about making things look good; it was rather about creating pieces that communicated ideas clearly and effectively. At first, I was pretty overwhelmed because I have never used any Adobe software before this but through the informative and easy-to-follow tutorials given by Mr. Fauzi, I was able to go through the assignments and complete them easily.
During the first few weeks, I have explored physical and digital collages and it was another highlight of this project. Combining traditional and digital techniques opened my eyes on how textures, colors, and patterns can come together to tell a story and create a narrative. It was a great reminder of how versatile design can actually be.
Furthermore, I also worked on photo-cutting and background removal using the pen-tool, which required a lot of focus and patience. Getting clean edges and blending images seamlessly taught me how to create polished, professional visuals, which was really satisfying to see in the final results. Learning to apply shadows using Gaussian Blur, along with color grading and creating water ripples, pushed my creativity further. These techniques enriched my designs, adding depth and realism to my work. Understanding shadow manipulation and subtle visual effects helped bring my work to life, making them more immersive. Another significant skill I acquired was coloring in black-and-white photos and experimenting with tone and contrast. Experimenting with tone and contrast really helped me understand how to set a mood or tell a story through visuals. It felt great to bring an old image to life with a fresh perspective.
Overall, Project 1 was a fulfilling experience that expanded my technical expertise and artistic vision. It not only equipped me with essential design tools but also inspired me to push creative boundaries and approach visual storytelling with a fresh perspective. Through these first weeks, I got to learn how complex and useful Adobe Photoshop can be in creating designs. I felt challenged but it ended up being a fun learning experience for me.
PROJECT 1: COMPILATION
Project 1A - Physical Collage (Week 2)
Fig. 1. 1, Final Physical Collage, (30/09/2024)
Project 1A - Digital Collage (Week 3 - 4)
Fig. 1. 2, Final Digital Collage, (07/10/2024)
Week 3 E-Portfolio Link (Pen Tool Exercise): Click here!
Week 4 E-Portfolio Link (Layer Adjustment & Filters): Click here!Hearst Mansion (Week 5)
Fig. 1. 3, Final Hearst Mansion Exercise, (14/10/2024)
Fig. 1. 4, Final Hearst Mansion Exercise using my photo, (14/10/2024)
Week 5 E-Portfolio Link: Click here!

Comments
Post a Comment